Tick off beach life and cultural thrills in one trip…
If you like the sound of white-sand beaches, heritage-rich cities, tranquil boat trips and eye-widening Buddhist pagodas, you’ll enjoy Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh (formerly Saigon) is an exciting city of contrasts: here, you can pick from opulent hotels and guesthouses, world-class dining and street food, designer boutiques and cut-price markets (and the rest).
It’s hard to believe that Ho Chi Minh started life as a humble fishing village, given its modern incarnation: a vibrant fashion scene, varied dining, glamorous rooftop bars and swish hotels. Don’t miss the impressive pagodas of Cholon or the delicious street food and bargains-for-the-taking at Ben Thanh Market. If you prefer to set a slower pace, soak up local life on a leisurely boat trip down Saigon River.
You can’t fail to appreciate Vietnam’s compelling history while you’re here: Ho Chi Minh City boasts French colonial landmarks, Vietnamese War history museums and the Củ Chi tunnels, used by Viet Cong soldiers. Hanoi, Vietnam’s vibrant capital, honours its Communist era-leader, Ho Chi Minh, via an impressive marble mausoleum. Hire motorbikes and explore the countryside, go kitesurfing, embark on hikes in the emerald hills or chill out in Vietnam’s spas, famed for good reason.
© Singapore Airlines
Five great reasons to fly with Singapore Airlines to Vietnam via Singapore:
1) Fly via Singapore and connect onto four weekly flights.
2) Redeem a $20 Changi Dollar Voucher to spend at Singapore Changi Airport.
3) Break your journey in Singapore with a discounted .
4) Alternatively, experience a taste of Singapore with a free Singapore Tour if your transit is more than 5.5 hours.
5) Fly with the world’s most awarded airline. Enjoy over 1,000 entertainment options at your finger tips or savour the best of Asian and International cuisine from the comfort of your industry leading seat.