Treasure islands await…
It’s pretty much impossible to sum up Indonesia in one breath, even with the mightiest of lungs. This dizzyingly diverse nation spans around 17,000 incredible islands (many of which are volcanic; many of which are pure Instagram-ification), around 8,000 of which are inhabited. Forget Babel, in Indonesia, you can expect to hear more than 300 languages.
Bali is famously the country’s headline act, though Lombok, Java, Sumatra and Komodo are also generating a buzz for adventurous travellers. You’ll find Indonesia’s cultured capital city, Jakarta, on Java; it has a very distinct character, thanks to its rich mix of Javanese, Malay, Chinese, Arab, Indian and European influences, all of which have informed its architecture, language and cuisine.
© Dome Church Blenduk. Built in 1753, the oldest church in the province
The old town of Kota Tua has a rich heritage, which can be clearly in its gracious Dutch colonial buildings, Glodok (Jakarta’s Chinatown) and the old port of Sunda Kelapa, where traditional wooden schooners still drop anchor. Java is also home to the city of Yogyakarta, where you can discover rousing gamelan music and admire traditional puppetry. Further afield, beaches, volcanoes, Komodo dragons and lush jungles yielding tigers, elephants and orangutans await.
© Singapore Airlines
5 Reasons to Fly with Singapore Airlines
1) A Singapore Airlines flight is a vacation in itself! Enjoy over 1,000 entertainment options at your finger tips or savour the best of Asian and International cuisine from the comfort of your industry leading seat.
2) Redeem a $20 Changi Dollar Voucher to spend at Singapore Changi Airport.
3) Break your journey in Singapore with a discounted Singapore Stopover Holiday Package.
4) Alternatively, experience a taste of Singapore with a free Singapore Tour if your transit is more than 5.5 hours.
5) Singapore Airlines is world’s most awarded airline