1) Get an aerial view of the Marina Bay Street Circuit from the Singapore Flyer, a 165-metre observation wheel – the largest in Asia (and the second largest in the world). 2016 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix Zone 1 ticketholders enjoy free rides on the observation wheel over the race weekend.
2) Enjoy a Singapore Sling where it was first created – in the Long Bar of the iconic Raffles Hotel – and throw your peanut shells on the floor (the only place in super-clean Singapore where ‘littering’ is permitted)
3) Ride the tram or take a stroll in one of the trails at the Night Safari, the world’s first nocturnal zoo
4) Escape the noise of the F1 action by taking a bus or cable car to Sentosa, where you can go back in time at the Images of Singapore LIVE, located at the Imbiah Lookout, and see what life was like during the Japanese occupation of Singapore in WWII. If you are feeling adventurous, visit the Universal Studios theme park and check out the adrenalin-pumping roller coaster rides. For those seeking a more relaxed experience, take pictures with the towering Merlion (the mythical creature that is the symbol of Singapore) or just kick up your feet and just relax on one of the beaches on this island.
5) Get your retail kicks on charmingly narrow Haji Lane, which is lined with former 19th-century shophouses that have been transformed into fashionable and eclectic boutiques
Book your flights, hotel and GP ticket for less at sianightrace.com