Thailand’s diverse landscapes are as lovely as its famous smile…
You can expect to be in a good mood while you’re exploring a country famed for its smile. Lively, friendly Thailand occupies the central section of the Indochinese Peninsula, bordered to the north by Myanmar and Laos, to the east by Laos and Cambodia, to the south by the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia, and to the west by the Andaman Sea and the southern extremity of Myanmar.
Its capital and largest city is Bangkok, just two hours and 25 minutes by air from Singapore. Bangkok boasts a dizzying array of shops, restaurants, hotels and experiences – many of which offer outstanding value.
The utterly idyllic islands are another massive lure: milk-white sand and azure waters beckon. Thailand wears its Buddhist heart on its sleeve: visitors don’t have to visit one of the glittering temples to observe local acts of worship – they’re engrained within the tapestry of daily life.
Dig a bit deeper on a meditation retreat in Chiang Mai, observe a religious festival in northeastern Thailand, or visit the underground cave shrines in Kanchanaburi and Phetchaburi and the hilltop temples in northern Thailand. Another thing that prompts worshipful feelings here is the cuisine.
Fresh, local ingredients, notably fragrant lemongrass, succulent chargrilled seafood and tongue-searing chillis star in dishes, which riff on four fundamental flavours: spicy, sweet, salty and sour. Sign up for a food tour in Bangkok, feast on seafood along the coast or gain some new skills for the folks back home by joining a cookery class, many of which kick off with an adventurous market tour.
© Singapore Airlines
Fly to Thailand via Singapore with Singapore Airlines. Depart from London Heathrow, Manchester or from your local airport.
Five great reasons to fly with Singapore Airlines to Thailand:
1) Fly via Singapore and connect onto four weekly flights.
2) Redeem a $20 Changi Dollar Voucher to spend at Singapore Changi Airport.
3) Break your journey in Singapore with a discounted Singapore Stopover Holiday Package.
4) Alternatively, experience a taste of Singapore with a free Singapore Tour if your transit is more than 5.5 hours.
5) Fly with the world’s most awarded airline. Enjoy over 1,000 entertainment options at your finger tips or savour the best of Asian and International cuisine from the comfort of your industry leading seat.