Singapore has an adventurous side: just check out its incredible green spaces, where walking trails, waterfalls, watersports, wildlife and more await. Here are two firm favourites, where green is definitely the new black.
The MacRitchie Reservoir Park contains Singapore’s largest reservoir; at almost any time of the day or night, you’ll find nature lovers, joggers, kayaking and canoeing adrenaline-rushers and nature-lovers. The famous TreeTop Walk – the first of its kind in the world – is your chance to walk high above the trees on a S$1.6m free-standing suspension bridge between the two highest points in the park, Bukit Peirce and Bukit Kalang. Up high, you’ll get a bird’s-eye view of the action above the canopy, including around 80 species of beautifully-colourful forest birds, flying lemurs, squirrels, monitor lizards and long-tailed macaques, as well as a panoramic vista of the Upper Peirce Reservoir. Come armed with sunscreen and water; you’ll appreciate both.
Insider tip: stay at the Orchard Hotel Singapore on a Singapore Stopover Holiday. Enjoy big savings on nearby restaurants, including Nara Thai at ION Orchard and the Hard Rock Cafe, when you show your Singapore Airlines boarding pass.
The Southern Ridges
Calling all nature lovers! The Southern Ridges is a picturesque nine-kilometre hike that comes with incredible views of Singapore. There are eight individual trails, including Singapore’s highest pedestrian bridge; if you decide to do the entire route, expect the hike to take around five hours (you can also pick and choose the sections you’d like to walk). The highlight of the hike is the architecturally-dazzling Henderson Waves: a 274-metre-long undulating wavy bridge, 36 metres above Henderson Road; expect panoramic views of the southern tip of the island. The bridge is lit from 7pm–2am, daily. The Forest Walk is just as exciting: an elevated zig-zag of a path, where you can touch the tree canopy; there’s also Alexandra Arch, lit up at night with colour-changing LED lights. The Southern Ridges is a rewarding, if slightly strenuous, day out – the scenery and panoramic vistas more than make up for the huff and puff!
For the best adventure in Singapore, opt for a Singapore Stopover Holiday and enjoy a stay at a selection of 3- or 5-star hotels, admission to 15+ tourist attractions, free rides on the SIA Hop-on Bus and more.
© Singapore Airlines
Here’s 5 great reasons why you should fly with Singapore Airlines:
1) Fly on four daily flights from London and five weekly flights from Manchester and connect to Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand via Singapore
2) Redeem a $20 Changi Dollar Voucher to spend at Singapore Changi Airport.
3) Break your journey in Singapore with a discounted Singapore Stopover Holiday Package.
4) Alternatively, experience a taste of Singapore with a free Singapore Tour if your transit is more than 5.5 hours.
5) Fly with the world’s most awarded airline. Enjoy over 1,000 entertainment options at your finger tips or savour the best of Asian and International cuisine from the comfort of your industry leading seat.