Jungles and jet-set cities await in Malaysia, where contradictions abound…
Separated by the South China Sea, Malaysia is something of a split-personality, occupying parts of the Malay Peninsula and rugged Borneo island. Tick off city thrills, elegant colonial architecture, bohemian islands and lush tea plantations by spending some time on the peninsula; when you tire of all that buzz, head into Malaysian Borneo and encounter verdant jungles, home to orangutans, remote tribes and craggy granite peaks.
Malaysia’s contradictions continue apace, from the modern pace and high-rise architecture of Kuala Lumpur – where you can get your retail kicks at shopping districts such as Bukit Bintang and gawp at iconic skyscrapers such as the 451m-tall Petronas Twin Towers – to the slowed-down feel of sleepy longhouse villages.
Wherever you go, take your appetite with you – the varied, spice-packed cuisine includes Indian curries, Chinese buffets, Malay street food and flavoursome Nyonya dishes.
© Singapore Airlines
Fly to Malaysia via Singapore with Singapore Airlines. Depart from London Heathrow, Manchester or from your local airport.
Five great reasons to fly with Singapore Airlines to Malaysia:
1) Fly via Singapore and connect onto four weekly flights.
2) Redeem a $20 Changi Dollar Voucher to spend at Singapore Changi Airport.
3) Break your journey in Singapore with a discounted Singapore Stopover Holiday Package.
4) Alternatively, experience a taste of Singapore with a free Singapore Tour if your transit is more than 5.5 hours.
5) Fly with the world’s most awarded airline. Enjoy over 1,000 entertainment options at your finger tips or savour the best of Asian and International cuisine from the comfort of your industry leading seat.